Please find the abridged termly reports for the JCR finances at the links below:
- Lent 2021: FINAL SELWYN COLLEGE JCR FINANCES LENT TERM 2021 INFOGRAPHICS.pptx.
- Easter & Summer Vacation 2021: SELWYN COLLEGE JCR FINANCES EASTER TERM AND SUMMER VAC 2021.pptx
- Michaelmas 2021: TBC
Don't hesitate to contact our Treasurer at [email protected] if you have any questions or would like an extended version of the report!
Funds & Reimbursements:
- To make a claim for any of the funds and reimbursements below, leave a signed copy of the receipt/proof of purchase, with your name, CRSid, & bank details (or a request for cash), in Henry Campos' pigeon hole, or send it to him by email along with your bank details.
- You will be contacted by the Treasurer and receive your reimbursement before the end of the working week.
- Don't hesitate to get in contact with our JCR treasurer, Henry at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Menstrual Hygiene Fund:
As a continuation of our campaign against period poverty, the JCR are pleased to announce the new ‘Menstrual Hygiene Fund’, in which students can claim up to £25 a term for purchase of reusable period products. All you need to do to access the fund is email the gender equality officer (Bella Cross) on [email protected] with your receipt of purchase and the JCR will refund you. This fund is for anyone who would like to use it and there will be no questions asked.
Cycle Safety Fund:
- All Selwyn students are able to be reimbursed for:
- Bike lights, 2 claims a year, up to £10 per claim.
- Helmets, 1 claim a year, up to £15 per claim.
- Bike locks, 1 claim a year, up to £15 per claim.
Emergency Transport Fund:
- If you’re ever feeling unsafe and need to get back to college, or require transport to A&E in an emergency, the JCR will cover the costs of your journey.
- Please send any for your journey to [email protected], alongside a brief explanation of the situation to claim a reimbursement.
Gender Expression Fund:
- The Gender Expression Fund offers to reimburse students for items which they might use in making themselves more comfortable with their gender presentation, such as (but not limited to) wigs, binders, concealing underwear and so on.
- To access this fund, please contact our LGBT+ Officer, Ted Kehoe, or fill out the anonymous form at the link below: https://www.cognitoforms.com/SelwynJCR/SelwynJCRGe...
COVID-19 Emergency Support Fund:
- In light of the unforeseen costs inflicted on many students this term as a result of the pandemic, the JCR Committee has voted to re-open its Emergency Support Fund.
- Whilst we cannot guarantee full coverage of your expenses, we want to help students in any we can and will assess each request on a case-by-case basis.
- Please fill in the Google form below to access the fund: https://forms.gle/2KkpMTgXWiRnkAQt5
- You can also contact me or our International Officer, Sherwood at [email protected] to ask about the fund.
Clubs & Societies Fund:
- Selwyn Clubs and Societies can apply to the JCR for funding at any point throughout the term. We encourage Captains and Presidents to use these payments to help widen participation and improve wellbeing for their current and prospective members.
- Please note that the JCR can only provide funding up-front to a dedicated Society bank account. If your society does not have one, we would be happy to offer reimbursements if proof of purchase can be provided.
- Don’t hesitate to contact me or our Clubs and Societies Officer, Melina if you have any questions about accessing the fund.
- Both methods of funding can be applied to through the following form: https://forms.gle/RCPN4kbiEKXK6H1b6
- A short-term lending service used when students have taken a taxi back to Selwyn and lack any other way to pay for it.
- Located at the Porters’ lodge, approach them if you need to access it.
- Repay the amount borrowed fully in notes within 24 hours (please do not repay in coins, keep any change from the taxi driver).
- Can be used in conjunction with the Emergency Transport Fund - the loaned amount must be repaid before any claim can be considered.